Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Sea Dog

The garden is bursting with poppies and strange, unidentified plants that came from packets designed to attract beasties. And, they do. Every morning the air is full of humming, buzzing and fluttering. Even the teeny finches come to bathe in the long wet grass when I water.
The most dangerous plant in the world has returned under the carob tree. It keeps growing back even when I pull it out by the roots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium

 It is very, very hot. Jan-Van, Paco and Patrick have gone into town. Nobody has a power tool on right now so I have cranked up the piano concerto. Air conditioning on, which I still consider a luxery after all those years with my feet in a bucket of ice water.

2 comments:

  1. We've stopped feeding the tiny finches so they probably flew south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are singing like mad here...not right this minute...it's 32 degrees! But in the morning it's a fantastic chorus. I think the yellow ones here come from Africa.

    ReplyDelete

New Confectionary